Give Double: Ask Your Employer to Match Your Contribution
Many companies in the Bay Area will double or triple their employees’ contributions to nonprofit organizations. It’s a great way to make your gift to TheatreWorks go further at no extra cost to you. Plus, you’ll receive giving rewards at the level that includes the matching gifts made on your behalf. Contact your human resources department to see if you qualify. View a list of Bay Area companies that will match your gift to TheatreWorks. List of companies that match.
Give in Honor: Make a Tribute Gift
Just as TheatreWorks celebrates the human spirit, a gift to TheatreWorks in honor or memory of a loved one is a wonderful way to celebrate the achievements of someone special. When you honor a deceased loved one, friend, or colleague with a tribute gift, TheatreWorks will send you a tax-deductible gift receipt and send a card to the bereaved family.
In-kind gifts are as valuable as cash to TheatreWorks and are also fully tax-deductible. Based on the value of your contribution, you will also receive giving rewards for the level of your in-kind gift. Here is our current wish list:
- Volunteers and Interns
- guest housing for visiting artists
- airfare or airline miles for visiting artists
- cars, trucks, and vans
- event and entertainment venues, including private homes
- catering and restaurant services for special events
- wine, champagne, and cocktail supplies for special events
- hotel accommodations in New York and other destinations
- one-of-a-kind experiences and opportunities for auction fundraisers
- vintage costumes from the 1940s or earlier (in good condition)
- office chairs
- office supplies (copy paper, pens, etc.)
- heavy-duty letter folding machine
- production-quality lighting, sound, and video equipment
- industrial storage unit or warehouse space (2400 cubic feet or larger)
- walk-behind forklift
- contractor overruns of lumber and other building supplies
- Macbook computers for youth programs
Give by Mail
PO Box 50458
Palo Alto, CA 94303-0458
Give Monthly: Join the Encore Club
To support TheatreWorks throughout the year, join The Encore Club, our monthly and quarterly giving program. As an Encore Club member, you can spread your support across your yearly budget. At the same time, you’ll qualify for giving rewards based on your total annual contribution. Automatic payments reduce TheatreWorks’ administrative costs and help us focus on what we do best: creating great theatre. And we won’t need to send you another renewal letter by mail!
Give by Phone
Reduce your capital gains taxes by gifting a highly-appreciated security at its present market value to TheatreWorks. Simply contact us with the name of the stock you’re transferring and the number of shares you wish to donate. Providing this information in advance assures that we can track the process and provide information that you’ll need for your tax return.
To advise your broker to transfer the securities from your account to TheatreWorks, please contact our authorized broker:
Ms. Hilary P. Jones
333 Middlefield Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
DTC #: 8862 (for electronic transfers)
Account number: 268-07M90
Contact the Development Department at 650.463.7155 or email@example.com for more information.
TheatreWorks’ Tax ID is 94-2831245.