Teaching Artists are practicing professional artists with the passion, skills, and understanding of an educator. Real-world experience in their artistic field of choice enables them to enrich their curriculum and engage a broad scope of people beyond the classroom. Teaching Artists bridge the gap between the arts and learning to cultivate the future generations of awesome individuals ready to change this world.
We Are Looking for Teaching Artists Who:
- Possess a respect for students from all backgrounds and ages.
- Possess a thorough knowledge, understanding, and passion for their art form.
- Have an understanding and passion for social justice.
- Have Equity, Diversity & Inclusion training.
- Value process and collaboration over end product.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have significant experience teaching their art form.
- Are familiar with the CA Arts Standards and Common Core State Standards, as appropriate to teaching their art form.
- Have good classroom management skills.
- Can participate in constructive feedback.
- Have reliable transportation and are punctual.
- Are able to pass a background check and a TB test.
- Are able to supply a social security number, Tax ID, or proof of authorization to work in the United States.
To become a TheatreWorks Teaching Artist, submit a Teaching Artist Inquiry Form and we will contact you should your background and experience meet the requirements of one of our program needs. If we do not have an appropriate opening, we will retain your resume for future programming.
Please include the following:
- A cover letter, including a brief description of your artistic field, and why you love to teach. You may also upload a 3 minute video of yourself describing your experience.
- A resume / CV
- The contact information for three references who can speak to your work as a teaching artist
- Do you also teach in another language? Please let us know!
Any questions, please email email@example.com
Teaching Artist Interest Form