The Nationally Acclaimed Theatre of Silicon Valley
With a reputation for artistic excellence, innovation, diversity, and integrity, TheatreWorks is Silicon Valley’s leading professional nonprofit theatre company. TheatreWorks presents a year-round season of musicals, comedies, and dramas in the Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts and at the Lucie Stern Theatre in Palo Alto.
Dedicated to the discovery and development of new voices in the American theatre, TheatreWorks regularly stages new works, many developed in the company’s own New Works Initiative; regional and West Coast premieres of important modern and contemporary works from Broadway, off-Broadway, and beyond; and distinctive re-imaginings of the classics.
TheatreWorks is led by Founding Artistic Director Robert Kelley and Managing Director Phil Santora, and celebrates its 46th year with the 2015/16 Season.
TheatreWorks is one of America’s outstanding professional theatres. Our work celebrates the human spirit through innovative productions, new works, and education programs inspired by and engaging our diverse Silicon Valley community.
TheatreWorks is an artistic community of excellence and integrity, committed to dramatic and musical theatre of outstanding professional quality. Embracing the creation of new works, the reinvigoration of the classics, and the arts education of new generations, our work exemplifies our region’s values of inclusion and innovation while providing a sense of place and community. The San Francisco Bay Area is the prototype of an evolving America of ever-increasing diversity. As we explore this changing world, our art must enhance the American theatre with new vision, revealing both who we are and what we might become.
- Artistic Excellence: Create theatre art of the highest quality and integrity.
- Diversity: Reflect the diversity of our community in both our process and our art.
- Innovation: Explore what is new to create exceptional art.
- Involvement: Engage ourselves and our community in our art.
- Collaboration: Combine the individual energy of many to achieve the collective art of all.
- Celebrate the Human Spirit: Explore the truth of who we are and the potential of what we might become.